Territory Manager – Canada
Join our dynamic, high-performance team as a Territory Manager
We are an innovator in plastic agricultural baling twine. Continuous improvement and a strong network make Bridon the number one name for quality agricultural twine and world-class netwrap. With headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, US and manufacturing facilities globally, the team works together to produce industry-leading product with top-notch service.
The role of Territory Manager will work to achieve agricultural goals and objectives by growing sales and market share in the sales territory. Key components also include assisting customers in the promotion, merchandising, and sale of product lines. This territory role is located in Canada.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain adequate inventory to achieve sales goals.
- Makes sales calls and services accounts on a regular basis to maximize customer participation and market share.
- Develop sales goals and objectives for territory with Marketing and Sales Manager. Meets or exceeds assigned sales goals and objectives.
- Maintains close and continuous communications with assigned customers.
- Keeps assigned customers informed on changing policies that relate to pricing, shipping, terms of sale, etc.
- Keeps informed of industry trends and new developments in the product lines as well as programs that are being used to market the products.
- Makes annual sales forecast, gives monthly updates on anticipated volume change, and assists in the preparation of the annual budget and plan.
- Secures credit information on new and existing customer base; assist in collection efforts as appropriate.
- Monitors shipments, pricing trends; competitor activities and reports information to supervisor.
- Coordinates sales activities with other sales team members and operating personnel as appropriate.
- Schedules and participates in trade shows within the territory to maintain exposure to key accounts and develop business. Ensures trade shows are properly staffed to maximize sales efforts. Handles paperwork and completes reports as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned and appropriate.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture Sales, Marketing, or Business preferred with a minimum of three years related experience. Detailed and relevant experience may be a substitute with an Associate degree.
- Maintains a working knowledge of standard software programs such as Power Point, Windows Explorer, Word, Quality Window, Minitab, Access, Salesforce and Excel.
- Experienced in coordinating and communicating relevant data on customer quality issues with Management, Sales, Marketing, and other functional areas.
- Has worked in a team environment providing assistance to various departments requiring consistent quality assurance systems to succeed. Displays the motivation and willingness to develop his/her skill base to succeed at higher levels of management.
- Recognizes the need to develop and maintain teamwork in the workforce and is comfortable with delegating and negotiating effective work practices and decisions that will promote successful internal relationships.
- Highest level of honesty and integrity.
- Excellent organization, documentation, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; primarily English speaking. Bilingual fluency in English and French is highly beneficial.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to create as well as review documents, procedures and other pertinent data.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing schedules.
- Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision.
Travel: Travel up to 60% – 75% or as needed to fulfill business requirements.
What we offer you:
A competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Bonus Pay
- RRSP w/ Employer Contributions
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays